John J McNally & Co. was founded in 1928 by John Joe McNally and his father Henry J McNally, following completion by John Joe of his apprenticeship with Sir Lawrence Hastings. John Joe died in a tragic accident in 1946 and his brother Harry McNally returned from Belfast to take over the family practice.
In 1972, Harry’s son Liam joined as an apprentice and continued running the firm following his father’s retirement in 1977. In the following years, Liam McNally, Joe McGeown and Peter O’Brien grew the firm to be one of the largest legal practices in Mid-Ulster. In 2000 Peter left to join the Law Society in Belfast and in 2003 Liam took up an appointment as a District Judge. In 2005 Marysia Kelly, one of the present directors, became a partner in the practice.